Friday, March 28, 2014

Ramble On...

I am the worst blogger in the world. I haven't posted to my homeschool blog since school started. That's rough.  I think it shows that some people can teach their children at home and maintain a million other activities. I'm not so sure that I can.

Homeschooling takes an enormous amount of time and effort. It requires very deliberate use of time. Our day starts early and finishes early afternoon. Some days, school runs into the evening. When I'm done actively schooling the kids, then it is time to work on grades, lesson plans, worksheets and projects.

I'm making this sound impossible, aren't I? It's not. I still have time to be very active in church, spend a good amount of time with my friends and work a part time job. It's not all consuming, and if I find it becoming all consuming, it's probably slipped into the realm of idolatry and I need to reevaluate.

So re-reading the first paragraph, I think it is more apt to say that social media, of all types, is pretty far down my list of priorities. I enjoy doing it, but it can only come after everything else is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment